1. The text should be edited in Microsoft Office Word (Office 2003, 2007, 2010)
2. Language of the article: English. Please use double quotation marks, except where “a quotation is ‘within’ a quotation”.
3. Page size: B5 JIS
4. Article size: between 6 and 15 pages (minimum 3.500 words and should be no more than 8000 words, inclusive of tables, references, figure captions, footnotes, endnotes)
5. Margins– 2,5 cm.;
6. Spacing between lines: single;
7. Font– Calibri (Body); 11 pts., justified;
8. Title of the article – uppercase, Calibri; 12 pts., centred
9. All authors of a manuscript should include their full name and affiliation on the cover page of the manuscript (Calibri; 11 pts., aligned right).
10. Papers should have an Abstract (between 150 and 250 words), in English – Times New Roman; 10 pts., italic. The abstract will present shortly the purpose, field of application, research methods, results and conclusions of the paper.
11. 5 key-words – Calibri; 10 pts., italic. The key-words must be written in English, separated by semicolons (;) and placed below the abstract.
12. All the subtitles of the article should be numbered.
13. Tables: All tables/figures should be numbered with Arabic numerals. Headings should be placed above tables/figures, centered. Leave one line space between the heading and the table. All tables/figures must be numbered consecutively, all figures, and all tables respectively. Source of the data from the tables should be mentioned between each table (Times New Roman 10, italic, aligned left). References cited in tables or figure legends should be included in the reference list.
14. Figures – Figures should be high quality (1200 dpi for line art, 600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for colour, at the correct size). Figures should be supplied in one of the following file formats: JPEG or GIF.
15. References – References should be placed according to the following rules:
- Sources are cited in the text, usually in parentheses, by the author’s surname, the publication date of the work cited, and a page number if necessary
- References should be cited as follows: the name of the author, year of the publication and page, all in parentheses (Giddens, 2000: 93)
- If the author’s name appears in the text, it is not necessary to repeat it, but the date should follow immediately: … Giddens (2003, p. 93).
- Separate the references with semicolons. (Giddens, 2010, 2012; Smith, 2012)
- At a first citation containing more than 3 authors, all names are mentioned, afterwards, it is used [the first author] “et al.”
- If more than one paper by the same author, from the same year is cited, the letters a, b, c etc. should be included after the year of publication.
- The citation of a paper available online should be performed following the same rules as for a book or a magazine specifying the electronic address where it was consulted.
16. References list:
- The full list of the references cited in the text must be presented at the end of the paper, alphabetically by last name of author.
- If the reference list contains two or more items by the same author in the same year, add a, b, etc. and list them alphabetically by title of the work:
Giddens, Anthony. 2000a. Book Title.
Giddens, Anthony. 2000b. Book Title.
- For books with one author: Ogien, Albert. 2018. Book Title. Paris: PUF.
- For books with two authors: Ogien, Albert and Jane Jones. 2012. Book Title: The Subtitle. Abingdon: Routledge.
- For books with more than 3 authors: List the first three authors followed by ”et al.”
- Organization as author: OECD. 2012. Key data in education, Paris: OECD Publishing
- Chapter in a single-author book: Ogien, Albert. 2012. “Chapter Title.” in Sociology of deviance. Paris: PUF.
- Edited book: Smith, John, ed. 2012. Collected Style Manuals. Abingdon: Routledge
- Article in a journal: Smith, John. 2012. “Article Title: The Subtitle.” Journal Title in Full 10 (1): 30–40.
For any other information, please email to:
Universitary Journal of Sociology – email@example.com
Editor-in-chief: Gabriela MOTOI – firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial Secretary: Vlad CIOACĂ – email@example.com